Per Diem Registered Nurse, Geri Psych
Job Summary: Provides direct and indirect patient care in the geriatric psychiatric unit. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision
• Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
• Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
• Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for the geriatric patient.
• Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy.
• Communicates appropriately and clearly to Nurse Manager, co-workers and physicians.
• Provides care appropriate to the geriatric patient.
• Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
• Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
• Documentation that meets current standards and policies.
• Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
• Current MA RN Licensure required.
• BSN, demonstrated clinical competence in the specialty area of nursing practice preferred.
• BCLS required
• At least one year experience in long term care, medical-surgical or geri-psych required.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message:
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 122909