Per Diem RN - Operating Room
Per Diem Staff Nurse, Operating Room, Scheduled as needed - varied Shifts, On call, Weekends and Holidays Required. Moderate sedation nurse for hybrid operating room. recent ICU experience required, ACLS, moderate sedation certification required
Please be advised that this position is temporary and based on the current operational needs of the Steward Health Care/St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center. Therefore, the duration of this position is subject to the discretion of Steward Health Care/St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center based on such operational needs.
Provides nursing care that has as its ultimate concern supporting the total person and promoting adaptation of the individual. This is accomplished by counseling, teaching, direct care, and collaboration/consultation with other health care professionals. The Staff Nurse meets patient needs in accordance with the Nursing Division's philosophy, policies and procedures.
Provides leadership and direction to the following staff, by job category:
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Nursing Assistants
- Medical Assistants
- Unit Secretaries
- Mental Health Workers
- Patient Care Associates
Collaborates with physicians, and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
Serves in a consultative role to the following:
- Dietary Personnel
- Rehabilitation Services Personnel
- Laboratory Personnel
- Security Personnel
- Pharmacy Personnel
- House Officers
- Unit Secretaries
- Care Managers
- Social Services Personnel
- Pastoral Care Personnel
- Nursing Students and Faculty
Has the authority and responsibility to provide and/or direct the delivery of patient care services.
A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1.) "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
Utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care of patients through:
- Assessing and reassessing patients and families.
- Planning the process of nursing care.
- Implementing and/or directing delivery of nursing care.
- Evaluating care delivered.
- Practices and promotes nursing care within professional standards.
- Practices and promotes nursing care within legal standards.
- Practices and promotes nursing care within ethical standards.
- Provides patient teaching to patient and/or family.
- Orients all level of Nursing division personnel, and nursing students.
- Participates in unit-based educational programs.
- Takes responsibility for own learning.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills.
- Supports and collaborates in the Medical Center Performance Improvement plan through unit quality improvement/quality control activities.
- Utilizes current research in area of clinical practice.
Complies with patient safety goals as set forth by the Medical Center.
B. Responsibilities/Non-Essential Functions:
Participates in professional activities.
Performs other related duties as directed by Patient Care Director.
Reports all changes in patient status to appropriate interdisciplinary team member either verbally or in writing.
Reports immediately to Patient Care Director and/or designee any deviation of normal operations.
Reports immediately to Patient Care Director and/or designee situations that require attention.
Reports all incidents and breaches in quality care to the Patient Care Director and/or designee.
Shall be accountable for nursing care provided.
Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital-related, medical staff-related, and patient data and information.
Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures.
Shall be accountable for participating in unit based quality improvement activities.
- Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum Experience:
- Six months' clinical experience preferred.
- Minimum skills/abilities:
- Meets performance criteria of Staff Nurse.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Able to complete mathematical computations required to administer medications and treatment protocols.
- Able to lift, transfer and move patients.
- Possess basic computer knowledge.
Current licensure in Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse.
Special Qualifications: None
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled