Per Diem RN
Job Summary: Provides direct and indirect patient care in the geriatric psychiatric unit. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision
• Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
• Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
• Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for the geriatric patient.
• Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy.
• Communicates appropriately and clearly to Nurse Manager, co-workers and physicians.
• Provides care appropriate to the geriatric patient.
• Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
• Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
• Documentation that meets current standards and policies.
• Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
• Current MA RN Licensure required.
• BSN, demonstrated clinical competence in the specialty area of nursing practice preferred.
• BCLS required•
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
At least one year experience in long term care, medical-surgical or geri-psych required.