Pharm Tech Certified (Retail) 16 hrs/wk, Day Shift, Weekends, Holidays as needed
Pharm Tech Certified (Retail) " Employee Prescription Program " 16 hrs/wk, Day Shift, Weekends, Holidays as needed
Location: St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
I. Position Function: Under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, performs non-clinical decision-making aspects of medication handling, prescription computer input, patient interactions, and clerical tasks.
II. Job Relationships: Reports directly to Pharmacy Manager.
Supervised by Registered Pharmacists on duty.
III. Authority: Has the requisite authority required to accomplish the objectives of the pharmacy department as outlined in the responsibilities/essential functions under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist and in accordance with state and federal regulations.
IV. A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1.) "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
and patients as referenced in the “Achieving Excellent Care Standards", while abiding by all “Standards of Behavior-Respect, Communication, Compassion, Teamwork, and Accountability.”
2.) Must be team-oriented and possess excellent organizational and productivity skills to perform duties in a high volume pharmacy. Must possess proficient skills to work with pharmacy computer software and pharmacy automation systems.
* Answer and screen all telephone calls.
- Refer all clinical inquiries to a Registered Pharmacist.
- Answer patient non-clinical questions pertaining to mail delivery or pick up of medications.
- Take refill requests including the name of the medication, prescription number, full name of patient, and any drug allergies that patient may have.
- Answer pharmacy benefit questions for members, providers, or nursing staff.
* Take oral prescription orders for new and refill medications from a designee of a provider's office and complete a read-back of information given to verify the order is taken correctly.
* Conduct prescription transfers to and from other pharmacies in accordance with state and federal regulations.
* Service the drop-off window.
- Receive prescriptions from patients and get all necessary information, including clarifying the name, date of birth, insurance, and drug-allergy information for the patient.
* Service the pick-up window.
- Provide patients with their medication and verify the full name and address and date of birth of the patient to make sure the correct medication is being picked up.
- Offer the patient the availability of a Registered Pharmacist to counsel them on their medications or answer any questions they may have.
- Collect co-pays for medications from the patients.
* Computer data input for prescriptions.
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, input all data necessary to process new, refill, and on-file prescriptions except when a clinical decision is required. In that case a Registered Pharmacist must complete the data entry.
* Process patient requests for renewal of prescriptions through the corresponding provider office. Follow up to make sure that renewals are received and processed.
* Prepare medications for a Registered Pharmacist's final check.
- Read and interpret prescriptions to select the correct medication to fill that prescription.
- Count, pour, compound, and label the prescription for the final check by a Registered Pharmacist.
* Perform monthly outdate medication check and prepare them for return for credit.
* Package checked prescriptions for mail order. Will work with US mail and FedEx.
* Process wholesale drug orders to ensure that all medications are received and placed into stock. Make sure stock is rotated and tagged properly for all “Look-alike/Sound-alike” medications.
* Process 'cover' prescriptions as required by state and federal regulations.
* File filled prescriptions according to all state and federal regulations for each scheduled class (II, III, IV, and V, and VI).
* Process medication floor stock requisitions.
* Assists in training and helping new employees.
* Perform duties as requested by a Registered Pharmacist.
B. Responsibilities/Non-Essential Functions:
* Make pick-ups and deliveries to nursing units as required.
* Process checks for co-pays and apply credit to patient accounts.
* Prepare funds for deposit.
* Page courier for deliveries to CSEMC.
* Clean equipment and work stations daily.
* Order and stock all pharmacy supplies.
* Assist in ordering medications through the wholesaler.
* Closeout and process end of day activity for the credit card machine.
* Prepare mail with proper postage utilizing a postage meter.
* Utilize an automatic letter opener to organize incoming mail.
* Assist in preparation of yearly pharmacy inventory.
V. Reporting Requirements:
* Reports directly to the Pharmacy Manager at staff meetings and as requested.
* Reports daily to all pharmacists on staff.
* Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality, privacy, and security of protected health information for the health center, medical staff, and patient-related data.
* Shall be accountable for abiding by all state and federal regulations, and all health center policies and procedures.
* Shall be accountable for abiding by all Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations standards and regulations as applicable to the job position.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must have a minimum of 500 hours experience as a Pharmacy Technician Trainee. Must complete a state Board of Pharmacy approved exam for registration.
Computer literacy with proficiency in general word-processing and data entry.
-Strong organizational, prioritization, communication, and mathematical skills.
-Knowledge of third party payers and insurance plans.
-Ability to understand the importance of and respect the confidentiality of all patient information.
Must be registered with the state Board of Pharmacy.
Training:Must have all training requirements as set forth by the state Board of Pharmacy
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.