Pharmacist Critical Care Specialist Full Time Days
Mountain Vista Medical Center is seeking a Critical Care Pharmacy Specialist to join their Pharmacy and ICU teams. The Critical Care Pharmacy Specialist will be responsible for the provision of comprehensive pharmacy services to the medical/surgical/cardiac ICU, including order verification, medication reconciliation, interdisciplinary rounds, and clinical consults. Additional responsibilities will include participation in critical care committees, precepting pharmacy students, quality improvement projects, participation in education of medical and nursing staff, and other projects as determined by needs of the department.
The clinical pharmacy specialist is responsible for all aspects of the medication use system in a designated clinical area. This encompasses daily monitoring, assessment and recommendations for pharmacotherapy, interdisciplinary patient care, and education to patients and team members. The specialist serves as the subject matter expert in their designated area, collaborating with pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other healthcare professionals to ensure appropriate pharmaceutical care. Specialist must have strong interpersonal skills. It is expected specialists will participate in the training and education of healthcare professionals, including pharmacists, technicians, nurses, and medical staff. Specialists are expected to work independently, under general supervision, and within the limits of established pharmacy policies and procedures and guidance from the Pharmacy Clinical Manager and Pharmacy Director.
- Education: Must be a graduate of an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy; PharmD preferred
- Experience: PGY-1 residency training with at least 3 years of experience in designated practice area, or at least 5 years of experience in designated practice area, or PGY1 training with PGY2 training in designated practice area
- Certification/Licensure: Current license to practice Pharmacy in State (AZ) and maintains all required CE; Board of Pharmaceutical Specialty Certification applicable to designated practice area
- Software/Hardware: Preferred: Pyxis, Meditech, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Publisher)
- Other (preferred): PGY2 training in designated practice are
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER