Pharmacist - PRN - MPMC
Come work with us at Mountain Pont Medical Center in Lehi! MPMC is a community based, full service hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
MPMC has been serving the health care needs Northern Utah County since 2015. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area grows, we plan to expand with it, offering comprehensive health care services delivered by highly skilled professionals committed to providing excellent care in a friendly community hospital environment. Some of our areas of expertise include: Emergency Care, Women’s Health, Surgical Services, Diagnostic Imaging, and Maternity Care
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at MPMC.
Interprets medication orders/prescriptions (verbal and written) and enters to computerized patient medication profiles accurately
- Prepares and dispenses medications per orders/prescriptions written by licensed prescribers according to established policies and procedures
- Compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals, including sterile, chemotherapy, and parenteral nutrition products accurately
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains records as required by law
- Supervises and directs pharmacy support personnel. Verifies the activities of pharmacy technicians including medication preparation and use of Automated Dispensing Cabinets
- Ensures safe, appropriate, cost-effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures, protocols, and national guidelines
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for allergies, contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, drug-laboratory test interactions, adverse drug reactions, appropriateness of drug and dose, and therapeutic duplications
- Supports the pharmacy’s pharmacoeconomic efforts and Antimicrobial Stewardship program
- Provides drug information, clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed
- Documents interventions accurately and appropriately
- Provides drug information to patients and their families
- Assists with purchasing activities and maintenance of adequate inventory level
- Inspects medication areas for outdated medications, proper storage of medications, proper medication administration records, and availability of reference materials
- Accepts and completes special duties to be performed on a regular basis. Examples include controlled substance accountability, record-keeping and reconciliation; crash cart inspection; quality assurance reporting; newsletter contribution and other special projects
- Participates in the development and presentation of orientation, education, and training programs to the pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other staffs
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings, in-services, and quality improvement programs
- Maintains all required training and education per department requirements.
- Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Complies with all requirements related to risk management, safety, security, fire, and infection control. Complies with all applicable state, local and federal regulations
- Current license to practice Pharmacy in state and maintains all required CE
- Graduate of college of Pharmacy accredited by ACPE or equivalent
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Training and proficiency in age specific therapies for hospital patients
- Neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric
- Customer oriented at all times - must be diplomatic
- Work within a diverse workforce
- Pressure to perform in emergency situations
- Overall decision-making responsibility
- Constant interruptions
- Ability to handle multiple projects
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.