The Pharmacist assists with the oversight and overall pharmacy operations with regards to preparation and dispensing of medications for patients served by the Pharmacy Department. The pharmacist may be responsible for the purchase of pharmacy inventory to include narcotics and other necessary drugs, equipment, and items to insure availability. When there is an established formulary, the pharmacist is required to adhere to that formulary or follow the established procedure for exceptions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of college of Pharmacy accredited by ACPE or equivalent
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Training and proficiency in age specific therapies for hospital patients: Neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric
- Current license to practice Pharmacy in State and maintains all required CE
- BLS Healthcare Provider Status-required
- BLS required upon hire
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.