At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Direct report to the TCU administrator and under the general supervision of the Director of Pharmacy. This position is an 8 hour per week consultant to the TCU unit at the New England Sinai Hospital. They will participate with patients, medical staff, health care practitioners in the provision of effective, safe and appropriate drug therapy and mandated reporting.
- Reviews, processes (when appropriate) and monitors patient medication orders to evaluate the appropriateness of use, dosage form, route of administration, regiment compliance, therapeutic duplication, drug interactions, adverse reactions, and age appropriateness.
- Consultant shall provide consultation regarding all material aspects of providing pharmaceutical services to facility. A DDR (Drug Regimen Review F756DRR or updated) written report regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services will be provided monthly or sooner as added per patient.
- Consultant shall identify any clinically significant medication treatment issues and report finding the clinical team.
- Consultant shall develop, implement, evaluate, and revise procedures for the provision of pharmacy services
- Consultant shall assist in determining patient’s medication therapy is necessary and appropriate and provide recommendation per patient weekly via a summary report to the attending physician and or Director of nursing which documents no irregularity was identified, reports any irregularities and suggest improvements at the minimum.
- Consultant will participate in the facilities Antimicrobial Stewardship Program, Pain Stewardship Program, Quality council and other programs as needed.
- Consultant shall conduct a full medication review per patient monthly and provide report to appropriate medical team members
- Consultant shall assure all medications are requested, received, and administered in a timely manner as ordered and provide weekly reporting per patient
- Consultant shall participate weekly in providing medication improvement as needed per patient to prescribers
- Consultant shall identify any irregularities as defined in the state operation manual.
- Consultant shall monitor med room compliance and report finding to the Director of Nursing
- Maintains records required by hospital and department policies, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Provide pharmacy consultation as requested.
- Participates in performance improvement activities using evidence-based practice. Implements Steward Initiatives (therapeutic interchange, renal dosing, ADR reporting) with regard to efficacy, safety, and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in Drug Utilization Evaluation program, Quality Improvement projects and prepares summary reports.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient right to confidentiality.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends and laws.
- Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuations in workload.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by the TCU Administrator or Director of Pharmacy.
- Pyxis and Meditech experience preferred.
- Helps train and assists all new staff
Important COVID message
Please note, our New England Sinai Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.