Pharmacy Tech III
About Florence Hospital
Newly opened in July 2019, Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience to residents of Pinal County.
Pharmacy technicians assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients. Pharmacy technicians must have a broad knowledge of pharmacy practice, and be skilled in the techniques required to order, stock, package, and compound and otherwise prepare medications.
High school degree or equivalent
Current technician certification and required licensing
Previous experience as a hospital pharmacy technician preferred
ACPE or ASHP accredit course in compounding sterile preparations preferred.
Customer service skills
Customer oriented at all times - must be diplomatic
Work within a diverse workforce
Pressure to perform in emergency situations
Ability to handle multiple projects
Position is classified as OSHA Category II, where regular job duties have continuous potential of exposure to blood borne pathogens throughout the day. Steady, active work that may include walking, standing, sitting, bending and stooping. Work may involve transporting supplies.
- Procures and distributes medication orders per physician request, pharmacist request, or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures, and protocols
- Fills physician orders, medication surgical kits, medication carts, stock requisitions and automated dispensing system refill lists accurately
- Replenishes medications in emergency drug containers and floor stock areas accurately
- Prepares intravenous admixtures and other sterile preparations safely and accurately using appropriate techniques including aseptic manipulations, garbing procedures, and aseptic work practices
- Delivers medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas accurately per established schedule
- Assist with the purchase of drugs and supplies in accordance with GPO bids and Steward best demonstrated practices
- Assists in ordering, receiving, unpacking, and storing medications and supplies in appropriate locations
- Rotates stock to ensure use before expiration date
- Completes and documents all assigned medication storage area inspections at least monthly; identifies and replaces outdated and unusable drugs
- Restocks medication and IV dispensing areas accurately within specified time periods
- Repackages bulk medications in unit-dose packages safely and accurately per established procedures using appropriate techniques
- Picks up orders, requisitions, and medications for return from patient care areas when on delivery rounds
- Assist in the process for patient and department charges, and that they are accurately and timely posted to accounts
- Generates reports, pick lists, and labels as required
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disable/Veteran
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 105794