Pharmacy Tech Per Diem
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Pharmacy technicians assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients. Pharmacy technicians must have a broad knowledge of pharmacy practice, and be skilled in the techniques required to order, stock, package, and compound and otherwise prepare medications. The technician will keep records of all work processed for medication reconciliation performance monitoring.
- Identify all patients admitted to hospital within last 24 hours
- Collect a list of medications prescribed to the patient prior to admission via: Patient/Family interview or provided med list
- Retail pharmacy utilized by patient- Clinic the meds are acquired from
- Clarify any potential errors in dosing or duplication that may be identified using: Pharmacist, Micromedex- Clinical Pharmacology
- Document medication list in computer (Clinicals) with: Drug Name, Dose, Route, Frequency, Last time taken (if able to identify), Source of information, Name of technician completing medication reconciliation
- Collaborates with nursing to identify obstacles to acquiring information
- Notifying providers of completed medication reconciliation
- Scans all completed records into the medication Order Management system (MOMs)
- Assists with answering telephones when short staffed or busy in pharmacy
- Aids in putting medication inventory on shelf when needed
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
- A degree or the equivalent combination of education and training experience.
- Current technician certification and IV certification if position requires compounding sterile preparation and required licensing.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical products, vendors, drug nomenclature and contract negotiations.
- Customer service skills
- ACPE or ASHP accredited course in compounding sterile preparations
- Three (3) years pharmacy operations experience and one (1) year purchasing experience
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer