Pharmacy Technician I
Working under the day to day supervision of the pharmacists and Pharmacy Leadership, the technician is responsible for the proper handling of medications. This includes but is not limited to: receiving, distribution, management of expiration dates, management of inventory in Pyxis, storage, repackaging, compounding, filling orders, delivering, and stocking. The job requires excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
Works under the supervision of:
- Pharmacy Leadership
Knowledge and Skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Basic math needed for compounding
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients visitors and staff
Licensure and Competencies
- Is responsible for maintaining licensure CPhT and State registration as required
- Is responsible for completing all educational modules including but not limited to: Steward University
- Performs Gloved finger-tip and media fill test as required.