Pharmacy Technician II, Full-time
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Stewardship.
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Under the direction of the Pharmacy Director and supervision of a pharmacist. Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, and maintaining the drug inventory. Prepares and repackages unit dose medication, following established protocols and guidelines. Follows all Pharmacy Department established policies and procedures.
Delivers and refills Schedule II through VI medication for the automated dispensing machines. The certified pharmacy technician will be able to pick orders for Pyxis. Will check and refill orders for Schedule IV medication. Schedule II through V medication are dispensed by a registered pharmacist and delivered by a certified pharmacy technician. Prepares and prepackages unit dose medication, following established protocols and guidelines.
- Fills medication orders, medication surgical kits, medication carts, Pyxis machines and stock requisitions accurately.
- Replenishes medications in emergency crash carts or floor stock areas accurately.
- Prepares intravenous admixtures or other sterile products (including chemotherapy) accurately.
- Delivers medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas accurately per established schedule.
- Assists in ordering, receiving, unpacking, and storing pharmaceuticals and supplies in appropriate locations.
- Rotates stock to ensure use before expiration date.
- Identifies and replaces outdated and unusable drugs.
- Restocks medication and IV dispensing areas.
- Prepackages bulk medications in unit dose packages.
- Picks up orders, requisitions, and medications for return from patient care areas when on delivery rounds.
- Enters charges and credits for patient medications accurately.
- Generates reports, pick lists, and labels as required.
- Answers the telephone, identifying self and department. Directs calls to appropriate personnel.
- Answers requests at the window and makes stat deliveries to patient care areas when requested.
- Comply with chapter 797 monitoring standards.
- Complies with all State and Federal rules, regulations and laws which govern the practice of pharmacy.
- Maintains logs, records, and other required documentation accurately. Files documentation in appropriate locations.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication.
- Keeps pharmacy areas clean, neat, and well-organized. Keeps pharmacy equipment clean.
- Completes and documents all assigned medication storage area inspections at least monthly. Identifies and replaces outdated and unusable drugs.
- Collects data, conducts quality monitors, and completes documentation as assigned.
- Maintains current technician certification.
- Attends pharmacy staff meetings.
- Participates in orientation, education, and training programs. Reviews literature and other materials as assigned.
- Completes all competence/skills assessment requirements.
- Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
- Supports others in the Pharmacy department and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Stays current with corporate mandatory education programs
- Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
- Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment. (MediTech, Pyxis, fax, copier, software programs)
- Satisfies requirements as a certified pharmacy technician.
- Hospital Pharmacy experience is preferred
- Computer literacy
- Meditech and Pyxis experience a plus
- Registered with the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy as a Technician.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message:
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 111668