Phlebotomist - 32 hours/week
Responsible to Steward Health Care Systems for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Laboratory for performing phlebotomy and processing specimens for testing. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs blood collection by venipuncture and micropuncture techniques on adults, children and infants.
- Processes and distributes patient samples for in-house testing and reference lab testing.
- Utilizes Laboratory Information System (LIS) to enter patient information, verifies collections, modifies and adds orders.
- Assists in training phlebotomists, new employees and residents in phlebotomy.
- Processes specimens for reference lab testing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma. One year of phlebotomy experience preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Successful completion of a phlebotomy course required