Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 8/17/2020
Performs, under minimal supervision, routine and specialized testing on patient specimens to obtain information used in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Obtains and processes specimens for laboratory testing according to department/section policy and procedures, collection of nasal swabs. Verifies accuracy of test specimen before testing.
- Applies the principles of basic and special procedures in regard to anatomy and physiology, specimen collection and specimen processing and handling.
- Has knowledge of fundamental biological characteristics, medical terminology, safety measures and infection control.
- Selects equipment, methods, appropriate Quality Control, and site for blood collection according to established procedures.
- Prepares equipment and patient according to established procedures.
- Evaluates patient situation and specimen appropriateness to check for possible source error, inconsistencies, and to take corrective action according to predetermined criteria.
- Consistently practices universal precautions.
- Successful in 95% of the venipunctures.
- Responds appropriately to calls. Arrives at the area requesting bloodwork within 10 minutes.
1. Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
2. Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
3. Produces quality results.
4. Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
5. Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.