Phlebotomist - Part Time, Day shift
The Phlebotomist will perform blood collection and process laboratory specimens following established standards and procedures. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
High school graduate or GED required.
One year of phlebotomy experience preferred.
Completion of a phlebotomy course required.
AND MAJOR DUTIES
1. Performs blood collection following established standards and procedures.
2. Utilizes Laboratory Information System (LIS) to enter patient information and order lab tests.
3. Provides customer service to patients and clients.
4. Maintains inventory of supplies in office setting and fills client supply orders.
5. Assists in training new employees.
6. Performs and maintains documentation for routine temperature checks and other documentation as required.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.