Phlebotomist/PCT - Part Time, 8pm-4:30am
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Laboratory Services for supporting the Laboratory philosophy and providing high quality, cost-effective comprehensive patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
We are currently looking for a PCT to join out team here at Trumbull Regional Medical Center. This is a part time position (20 hours/week), is part time benefits eligible, is for the night shift 8pm-4:30am, and also rotates weekends and holidays. If you are interested please apply with your application and resume for our management team's review.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs all skills on Patient Care Technician Equipment/Skills Checklist. Major functions:
Collects specimens and performs EKG’s
Performs and/or assists with treatments/procedures
Assists patients with activities of daily living
Documents care provided according to charting guidelines
- Performs procedures related to phlebotomy at a proficient level.
- Collects, transports, stores and/or dispose of refuse related materials safely as outlined in the Procedure Manual and by following EPA/OSHA guidelines and/or regulations.
- Performs high quality, cost effective phlebotomy duties independently.
- Performs EKG tracings at a proficient level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in medical assistant or phlebotomy. After orientation, up to three month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions. Previous experience as a medical assistant or phlebotomist preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Phlebotomist certification is required.
BLS certification required and maintained or obtained within 30-days of original job date.