The Phlebotomist is responsible for specimen collection on patients of all ages. Phlebotomists effectively interact with patients, hospital employees, managers, and other health team members while maintaining established professional standards. They participate in performance improvement activities. Phlebotomists perform other related laboratory duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school or equivalent required. Phlebotomy certificate preferred.
- At least 6 months phlebotomist experience preferred.
- Must be able to provide adequate patient care for the following age groups:
1. Neonates/Infants - < 1 year old
2. Toddlers – 1-3 years
3. Preschoolers – 4-5 years
4. School age/ adolescent – 6-17 years
5. Adult – 18-64 years
6. Geriatric - > 65 years
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.