At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Under the supervision of the Director of the Clinical Laboratory and/or Supervisor, performs approved phlebotomy procedures on in‘ patients and out‘patients; processes laboratory specimens; and aids in a variety of routine clerical work.
Must be a high school graduate with some phlebotomy experience.
1. Draws blood from in‘patients and out‘patients as needed. (E)
2. Greets and directs out‘patients arriving for Laboratory testing.
3. Records and logs in specimens as received. (E)
4. Delivers specimens to proper work areas for testing. (E)
5. Prepares and processes specimens for testing according to the needs of each department.
6. Assists in sending specimens to reference laboratories and receiving and processing returned results from reference laboratories. (E)
7. Assists in the responsibility of inventory of laboratory supplies and notifies supervisor when ordering of supplies is needed.
8. Must have basic skills for typing and/or data entry. (E)
9. Cares for patients of all ages (adolescent, adult, geriatric) and is knowledgeable of age specific physiological changes, developmental needs, and appropriate therapeutic interventions. The Laboratory does not perform phlebotomy or bleeding time studies on children of seven years or less. (E)
10. Responsible for any and all other duties required by the Director of Clinical Laboratory.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED