Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 1/6/2020
Organizes and conducts physical therapy programs to facilitate rehabilitation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce and enhance performance; facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity, diminish or correct pathology and to promote and maintain health. Provides care in a manner appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Demonstrates skill and accuracy in performing patient evaluations
- Devises/designs and implements treatment programs and goals using knowledge of physical therapy principles and standard operating procedures to regain physical or mental functions or adjust to their impairment.
- Appraises/evaluates and revises prescribed treatment plans according to patient’s response and progression. Skillfully and safely progresses patients through levels of treatment within the capabilities of the patient.
- Instructs/educates patients/families/caregivers in the use and purpose of therapeutic or adaptive devices, therapy plans, and home exercise programs.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation, including the medical record, physician communication, charges, etc.
- Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team as needed to coordinate patient care.
- Adapts/adjusts patient equipment and devices; safely and appropriately applies orthoses.
- Provides liaison contact with community agencies/resources for follow-up continuity.
- Regularly and appropriately delegates treatment programs to other health team personnel in the care of the patient; instructs/educates the supportive staff in the appropriate portions of the treatment program.
- Consistently demonstrates an awareness and concern for patient safety; complies with hospital infection control policies.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate with patients/families/care-givers in a professional manner, while motivating them to advance in rehabilitation.
- Actively participates on patient care and department committees.
- Demonstrates an ability to terminate treatments appropriately and makes referrals to outside agencies in a timely manner.
- Regularly reviews caseload for opportunities to effectively “dove-tail” procedures performing physical therapy on more than one patient simultaneously without interfering with quality.
- Provides useful suggestions regarding supplies and equipment to supervisors/clinical staff; ensures equipment in work area is in safe and proper working order.
- Assists in selected portions of the orientation and/or training of new employees/students.
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job related tasks and duties as assigned.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of applicable Federal and State Regulations related to the treatment setting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable timeframe.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships
Required Qualifications: Baccalaureate, Masters Degree or Certificate in Physical Therapy from an accredited college/university; current MA Physical Therapy license
Preferred Qualifications: Experiences in the clinical area of assignment.