Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 6/16/2022
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
***Physical Therapist 32hrs/Days
Organizes and conducts physical therapy programs to facilitate rehabilitation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce and enhance performance; facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity, diminish or correct pathology and to promote and maintain health. Provides care in a manner appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Demonstrates skill and accuracy in performing patient evaluations
- Devises/designs and implements treatment programs and goals using knowledge of physical therapy principles and standard operating procedures to regain physical or mental functions or adjust to their impairment.
- Appraises/evaluates and revises prescribed treatment plans according to patient’s response and progression. Skillfully and safely progresses patients through levels of treatment within the capabilities of the patient.
- Instructs/educates patients/families/caregivers in the use and purpose of therapeutic or adaptive devices, therapy plans, and home exercise programs.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation, including the medical record, physician communication, charges, etc.
- Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team as needed to coordinate patient care.
- Adapts/adjusts patient equipment and devices; safely and appropriately applies orthoses.
- Provides liaison contact with community agencies/resources for follow-up continuity.
- Regularly and appropriately delegates treatment programs to other health team personnel in the care of the patient; instructs/educates the supportive staff in the appropriate portions of the treatment program.
- Consistently demonstrates an awareness and concern for patient safety; complies with hospital infection control policies.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate with patients/families/care-givers in a professional manner, while motivating them to advance in rehabilitation.
- Actively participates on patient care and department committees.
- Demonstrates an ability to terminate treatments appropriately and makes referrals to outside agencies in a timely manner.
- Regularly reviews caseload for opportunities to effectively “dove-tail” procedures performing physical therapy on more than one patient simultaneously without interfering with quality.
- Provides useful suggestions regarding supplies and equipment to supervisors/clinical staff; ensures equipment in work area is in safe and proper working order.
- Assists in selected portions of the orientation and/or training of new employees/students.
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job related tasks and duties as assigned.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of applicable Federal and State Regulations related to the treatment setting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable timeframe.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships
Required Qualifications: Baccalaureate, Masters Degree or Certificate in Physical Therapy from an accredited college/university; current MA Physical Therapy license
Preferred Qualifications: Experiences in the clinical area of assignment.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.