Physical Therapist, Lead
$6000 Sign On Bonus for 18 month commitment*
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
This position will function as a Lead Physical Therapist and has supervisory responsibilities.
The Physical Therapist is a skilled member of the health care team and provides therapeutic services to patients through the use of initial assessments, therapeutic procedures and interventions in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the hospital and applicable law. Treats disabilities, injuries, and disease through the use of therapeutic techniques according to prescriptions from a physician, performs testing and evaluation procedures on patients in an acute care facility. Evaluation and treatment programs are developed through the use of a variety of therapeutic procedures designed to restore loss of muscle strength, coordination and body alignment to control pain and to improve movement and function. This position oversees the supervision of support staff to ensure quality of care and maximum productivity. The Physical Therapist functions in accordance with the State Practice Act.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Masters Degree in physical therapy
- This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
- Current Arizona State License to administer Physical Therapy Services
- Biannual CPR certification and completion of mid-cycle CPR demonstration
- Annual health screening
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Additional languages
- Two years experience working in a hospital environment
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Must have at least 2 years PT experience to be eligible for the Sign On Bonus