Physical Therapist - Per Diem
Under the supervision of the Physical Therapy Supervisor evaluates and treats patients. Also responsible for scheduling, documentation and billing.
This is a per diem position with the preferred availability 7:30am - 4:00pm.
Reports to the Physical Therapy Supervisor
1. Graduate of an entry level BS or Masters Physical Therapy program accredited or approved by the American Physical Therapy Association.
2. Current Physical Therapy license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
3. Current CPR certification
1. TEAM WORK
A. Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
B. Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
C. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
D. Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
E. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
F. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
2. SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
D. Abides by and upholds the hospital's service excellence standards.
E. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
F. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
1. Performs patient evaluations and reevaluations in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Demonstrates ability to appropriately select, administer, score, and interpret formal and informal assessment tools.
3. Demonstrates ability to develop, modify, and advance treatment programs which maximize the highest functional performance of each patient, in a creative, skillful, and efficient manner, and in collaboration with other team members
4. Demonstrates care planning that simultaneously incorporates patient and family goals and preferences, physician requirements, and financial issues and constraints.
5. Appropriately addresses patient education needs including, but not limited to
discharge planning, home exercise programs, and equipment needs.
6. Demonstrates ethical behavior as defined by profession, industry and/or
7. Demonstrates documentation that adheres to departmental, professional, and
regulatory standards and timeframes with clinical, multi/interdisciplinary
and payer mandated documentation and clinical care communication.
8. Submits timely and accurate charges.
9. Demonstrates compliance with policy, procedure, and practice standards.
10. Demonstrates responsibility for and enhancement of clinical skills through in-services, literature review, self-study or other learning opportunities during the year.
11. Knows and understands job responsibilities and takes charge of and accepts these responsibilities
12. Demonstrates ability to learn and apply new skill.
13. Completes appropriate competencies for the hospital and Department
14. Provides patient care based on evidence based medicine
15. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient right to confidentiality.
16. Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuations in workload.
17. Maintains a safe and secure environment
18. Performs other duties as assigned or requested by Supervisor.