Physical Therapist - Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Norwood Performance Therapy is a brand new, state-of-the-art outpatient PT/OT facility bringing next level clinical care and service to the Norwood area. Offering access to Aquatic Therapy utilizing HydroWorx 350 series aquatic therapy unit, pelvic floor therapy, orthopedic and neurological Physical and Occupational Therapy in a convenient location.
We are seeking a per diem Physical Therapist to supplement our excellent team and open even further therapeutic opportunities for our community.
For more information about our site and team, please visit https://www.norwood-hospital.org/NPT
Under the supervision of the Physical Therapy Supervisor evaluates and treats patients. Also responsible for documentation and billing.
This is a per diem position with the preferred availability 7:30am - 4:00pm.
Reports to the Physical Therapy Supervisor
1. Graduate of Physical Therapy program accredited or approved by the American Physical Therapy Association. DPT preferred.
2. Current Physical Therapy license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
3. Current CPR certification
1. TEAM WORK
A. Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
B. Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
C. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
D. Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
E. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
F. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
2. SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
D. Abides by and upholds the hospital's service excellence standards.
E. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
F. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
1. Performs patient evaluations and reevaluations in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Demonstrates ability to appropriately select, administer, score, and interpret formal and informal assessment tools.
3. Demonstrates ability to develop, modify, and advance treatment programs which maximize the highest functional performance of each patient, in a creative, skillful, and efficient manner, and in collaboration with other team members
4. Demonstrates care planning that simultaneously incorporates patient and family goals and preferences, physician requirements, and financial issues and constraints.
5. Appropriately addresses patient education needs including, but not limited to
discharge planning, home exercise programs, and equipment needs.
6. Demonstrates ethical behavior as defined by profession, industry and/or
7. Demonstrates documentation that adheres to departmental, professional, and
regulatory standards and timeframes with clinical, multi/interdisciplinary
and payer mandated documentation and clinical care communication.
8. Submits timely and accurate charges.
9. Demonstrates compliance with policy, procedure, and practice standards.
10. Demonstrates responsibility for and enhancement of clinical skills through in-services, literature review, self-study or other learning opportunities during the year.
11. Knows and understands job responsibilities and takes charge of and accepts these responsibilities
12. Demonstrates ability to learn and apply new skill.
13. Completes appropriate competencies for the hospital and Department
14. Provides patient care based on evidence based medicine
15. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient right to confidentiality.
16. Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuations in workload.
17. Maintains a safe and secure environment
18. Performs other duties as assigned or requested by Supervisor.
Massachusetts license or license eligible
Current CPR certification
Effective communication and educator skills
Ability to perform essential functions without posing a direct threat to patients and other staff
Ability to work cooperatively with others with a positive attitude
Ability to deal with stress due to fast paced and growing environment
Ability to manage within a flexible schedule
Ability to work independently with excellent organizational and sound decision making skills
Able to read, hear, write and comprehend English
Willing to train in continuing education annually
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristics.
Please note, Norwood Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.