Physical Therapist - Physical Therapy- Full Time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Full time 40 Hours per week
Responsible for evaluation, planning, directing and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician in the Inpatient Setting.
- Administers treatments and physical agents as prescribed by a referring physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability.
- Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Coordinates, delegates and supervises responsibilities assigned to supportive staff (RCNA, PTA, PTLA, etc.).
- Participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities.
- Provides input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines.
- Ensures that patient changes are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
- Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs.
- Current State Physical Therapy Licensure, graduate of an approved school of Physical Therapy or graduate of accredited college or university with a certificate in Physical Therapy.
- Three or more years of previous experience in all aspects of physical therapy.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of physical medicine, physical therapy modalities, anatomy and physiology.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.