Responsible to Steward Health Care for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Rehabilitative Services for implementing physical therapy and contributing to overall departmental function. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- Provides effective, quality PT treatments to all assigned patients.
- Communicates patient’s needs, progress and concerns through written documentation and verbal communication to interdisciplinary team members.
- Provides effective supervision to PTA’s to ensure quality of patient treatment.
- Documents results of patient assessment/treatment according to Medical Records departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Aides as they assist with patient activities.
- Assists in scheduling and selected activities in the Physical Therapy Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Bachelor’s degree in physical therapy required. After orientation, up to one month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions and to handle emergency situations.
Current PA license as a physical therapist by the PA OT, PT, ATC Board required. AHA BLS