Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 12/2/2021
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
***Physical Therapy Assistant Per Diem
Assists the physical therapist in various types of treatment including therapeutic exercise, mobility and modalities. Provides care in a manner appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Instructs/educates patients/families/caregivers in the use and purpose of exercise programs, therapeutic devices and adaptive techniques that follows a documented treatment plan under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Implements physical therapy care programs or portions thereof, as planned and directed by a licensed physical therapist.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation, including the medical record, physician communication, charges, etc.
- Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team as needed to coordinate patient care.
- Adapts/adjusts patient equipment and devices; safely and appropriately applies orthoses.
- Regularly and appropriately delegates portions of treatment programs to supportive personnel.
- Consistently demonstrates an awareness and concern for patient safety; complies with hospital infection control policies.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate with patients/families/care-givers in a professional manner, while motivating them to advance in rehabilitation.
- Actively participates on patient care and department committees.
- Regularly notifies licensed physical therapist of the patient’s performance/progress and recommends appropriate modifications/termination of treatments in a timely manner.
- Adapts or modifies treatment program to meet patients’ needs under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Regularly reviews caseload for opportunities to effectively “dove-tail” procedures performing physical therapy on more than one patient simultaneously without interfering with quality.
- Regularly and appropriately instructs/educates other health team personnel in the care of the patient, including, but not limited to treatment programs/home exercises.
- Assists in selected portions of the orientation and/or training of new employees/students.
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job related tasks and duties as assigned.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of applicable Federal and State Regulations related to the treatment setting.
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
Required Qualifications: Associate Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program; current MA PTA license
Preferred Qualifications: Experiences in the clinical area of assignment.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.