• Communicate and coordinate effectively with supervising physician and other health professionals
• Clearly communicate with patients and their families
• Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients
• Identify and assess problems while interviewing and examining patients
• Order and interpret lab and imaging studies, prescribe medications, complete paperwork, and formulate treatment plans in collaboration with supervising physician
• Provide pre and post-operative patient education
• Acts as surgical first assist for a variety of Neurosurgery and General Surgery procedures, both intracranial and spine
• Management of inpatient and outpatient Neurosurgery and General Surgery issues, including perioperative care.
• Works in a collaborative fashion along with supervising physician to manage post-operative patients in PACU, floor, or ICU
• Covers some evening phone calls, assists supervising physician with rounds on weekends if needed, and may intermittently cover first call from answering service
• Perform Basic and Advanced Life Support measures as necessary
• Perform similar and related duties as requested by supervising physician
• Participate in data collection and research as directed
• Reports immediately to supervising physician any deviation of normal operations
• Participates in Hospital Incident Reporting System and other risk management activities
• Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Performs other duties as assigned