Physician Assistant Ortho Surg
Steward Health Care Systems:
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
The role of the Physician Assistant (PA) will provide diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician. The PA is committed to the highest standards of patient care while contributing to an environment that promotes innovating thinking and leadership excellence.
- Examine patients to obtain information about their physical condition
- Order and interpret diagnostic test results for deviations from normal
- Obtain, compile and record patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination in the EMR system
- Complete required documentation and written follow up
- Make diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of patients
- Prescribe therapy or medication with physician approval
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests
- Perform therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and infection management
- Assist in out-patient cardiac disease management and supervising stress testing.
- Instruct and counsel patients about prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries
- Completes assigned training and education
- Current Physician Assistant license in the State of Utah
- Current certification by National PA board (NCCPA), federal DEA, controlled substance permit and ACLS certification
- Cardiology experience or primary care PA experience in other specialty
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and decision making skills
- Ability to be highly motivated, dedicated and a team player
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Ability to take surgical case call as needed
- One or more years of PA experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting
- Demonstrated experience in first assisting cardiac, vascular and thoracic cases, endoscopic vein harvesting, radial artery harvesting and critical care.
- One or more years experience using electronic medical records (EMR)
- Demonstrated strong positive interpersonal skills with patients and staff
- Work up to a 12 hour shift
- Sit up to 6-8 hours a day
- Stand and walk up to 6-8 hours a day
- Speak and listen to internal and external customers
- Bend to reach supplies/materials, reach with hands and arms throughout the day
- Lifting, pushing, pulling
- Grasp and manipulate tools
- Key information into a computer workstation, use computer peripheral tools
Steward Medical group strives to provide employees with the best benefits available. We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Our health plan offers: no deductibles, and $0 copay when using a Steward provider, mental health and substance abuse office visits will be $0 for all in-network providers.
- Health through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachussets
- 401k with company match program
- Paid holiday
All positions subject to close without notice