About Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the service excellence standards
- Performs histories and physical examinations
- Provides follow-up to patients with medical record documentation
- Documents patient assessment and care plan in the medical record
- Writes routine orders including orders pertaining to admission, discharge, transfer, VNA, pre-operative, post-operative, physical therapy, laboratory, diagnostic X-ray, diagnostic nuclear medicine, diet, medications, EKG, blood bank, vascular studies and consultations as well as orders directed by the physician
- Interprets results from test resuls as listed above; IV insertion; foley catheter insertion, drawing blood through central line; arterial blood gas draw; adiminister authorized medications via IV, IM or SC routes; naso-gastric tube insertion; removal of surgical clips, sutures and drains; advance drains per physician order; wound de-bridement draw blood cultures; examine and evaluate consultations to the orthopedic service; first, second or third assist in the operating room on orthopedic patients; reduce fractures; reduce injuries; apply traction; perform intrartricular injections; perform digital, regional and local blocks; assist in obtaining informed consent from patients.
- Participates in educating and trianing other allied health professionals or students
- Participates in continuing education programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently licensed as a Physician Assistant in MA