Steward Medical Group is currently seeking an enthusiastic Physician Assistant to join its Orthopedic Surgery department. The position would be based at Good Samaritan Medical Center, Brockton, MA. The position would be responsible for triage, management and referral, 1st assisting of orthopedic surgical issues. Under the general direction of the surgeon, clinician will appropriately manage and refer patient as appropriate to specialist.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with supervising physician and other health professionals
- Clearly communicate with patients and their families
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients
- Identify and assess problems while interviewing and examining patients
- Order and interpret lab and imaging studies, prescribe medications, complete paperwork, and formulate treatment plans in collaboration with supervising physician
- Works in a collaborative fashion along with supervising physician to manage patient care
- Perform Basic and Advanced Life Support measures as necessary
- Perform similar and related duties as requested by supervising physician
- Participate in data collection and research as directed
- Reports immediately to supervising physician any deviation of normal operations
- Participates in Hospital Incident Reporting System and other risk management activities
- Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Prior experience preferred
- Prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- Massachusetts license to practice as a Physician Assistant
- DEA/Massachusetts Control Substance licensure
- Graduation from an AMA accredited Physician Assistant Program
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
1. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
2. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
3. A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.