The role of the Physician Assistant (PA) will provide diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician. The PA is committed to the highest standards of patient care while contributing to an environment that promotes innovating thinking and leadership excellence.
- Examine patients to obtain information about their physical condition
- Order and interpret diagnostic test results for deviations from normal
- Obtain, compile and record patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination in the EMR system
- Complete required documentation and written follow up
- Make diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of patients
- Prescribe therapy or medication with physician approval
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests
- Perform therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and infection management
- Instruct and counsel patients about prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries
- Completes assigned training and education
- Current Physician Assistant license in the State of Utah
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Ability to take call as needed
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance with option $0 copay and $0 deductible
- Dental, Vision, Flex spending
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term disability
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
- About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.