The Physician Assistant (PA) will provide diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician. The PA is committed to the highest standards of patient care while contributing to an environment that promotes innovating thinking and leadership excellence.
- Examine patients to obtain information about their physical condition
- Order and interpret diagnostic test results for deviations from normal
- Obtain, compile and record patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination in the EMR system
- Complete required documentation and written follow up
- Make diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of patients
- Prescribe therapy or medication with physician approval
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests
- Perform therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and infection management
- Instruct and counsel patients about prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries
- Completes assigned training and education
- Current Physician Assistant license
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.