About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Under the general direction of the surgeons at Saint Anne's Hospital, the physician assistant manages patients in Outpatient, Inpatient and operating room settings.
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with supervising physician and other health professionals
• Clearly communicate with patients and their families
• Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients
• Identify and assess problems while interviewing and examining patients
• Order and interpret lab and imaging studies, prescribe medications, complete paperwork, and formulate treatment plans in collaboration with supervising physician
• Provide pre and post-operative patient education
• Acts as surgical first assist for a variety of Neurosurgery and General Surgery procedures, both intracranial and spine
• Management of inpatient and outpatient Neurosurgery and General Surgery issues, including perioperative care.
• Works in a collaborative fashion along with supervising physician to manage post-operative patients in PACU, floor, or ICU
• Covers some evening phone calls, assists supervising physician with rounds on weekends if needed, and may intermittently cover first call from answering service
• Perform Basic and Advanced Life Support measures as necessary
• Perform similar and related duties as requested by supervising physician
• Participate in data collection and research as directed
• Reports immediately to supervising physician any deviation of normal operations
• Participates in Hospital Incident Reporting System and other risk management activities
• Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Education: Graduation from an AMA accredited Physician Assistant Program required.
- Experience (Type & Length): One year experience in a surgical program preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: Massachusetts license to practice as a Physician Assistant required. Current BLS and ACLS certification required. Medical Staff office ensures DEA/MA Control substance licensure.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.