Physician Asst Ex
Physician Assistant, Urology
Steward Medical Group,
This position is responsible for providing Physician Assistant services for a Urology practice located in Florida. The primary responsibilities of the Physician Assistant include assessing, implementing, evaluating, and coordinating health care to patients in the office setting and at the Hospital including some first call responsibility.
Responsibilities in the office include:
- Perform consults on new and established patients.
- Functions independently and collaboratively to perform history and physical for acute, critical, and chronic urologic patients.
- Performing diagnostic tests and screening evaluations.
- Help to organize clinical protocols for the practice
- Prescribing medications.
- Reviewing diagnostic results
- Responding to patient inquiries
- Office procedures commensurate with experience and comfort
Responsibilities in the Hospital include:
The PA will perform detailed histories and physical exams, review patients medical records, order laboratories studies, radiological and diagnostic studies. Record appropriate and accurate daily progress notes. The PA will provide patients and families with pre-operative and other pertinent education. They will answer questions regarding surgery, recovery and risk factor modification, procedures. The PA will arrange for hospital admission and discharge at the direction of the supervising physician. In addition, the PA will:
- Provide assistance in the operating room
- Independently perform routine urologic procedures on the floors and in the emergency room commensurate with experience and comfort level.
- Responsible for providing firstcall coverage from home on a basis to be determined by supervising physician.
- Daily physical assessment and daily rounding on all urology patients.
- Consult with the supervising physician regarding physical findings and course of treatment.
- Order appropriate medications as determined by the supervising physician or designee.
- Order diagnostic tests per as determined by the supervising physician or designee.
- Initiate consultations to other services, authorized by the supervising physician or designee.
- Accountable for maintaining the confidentiality of all Steward Medical Group and patient related information.
- Abide by all Steward Medical Group policies & procedures.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the supervising physician.
- Florida license to practice as a Physician Assistant¨
- Start date contingent on successful enrollment of insurance payors.
- DEA / FL Control Substance licensure¨
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant Program. Urology experience in a surgical program preferred.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification