Plant Operations Assistant Director - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women's Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Assistant Director of Plant Operations
Responsible for assisting direction of the Plant Operations Department. Responsible for maintaining a comfortable physical environment for patients, personnel, medical staff and the public, in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and regulatory requirements. Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance programs to ensure efficient and uninterrupted operation of the entire physical plant and all related operating equipment within the facility. Responsible for supervision of operation and maintenance of multiple buildings and structures.
Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a therapeutic and safe environment for specific age groups served. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in Performance Improvement activities. Other duties as assigned. Responsible for completing the Statement of Conditions as required by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Assists in formulating budget. Other duties as assigned.
Age of population served: Infant, Child, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Demonstrates Competency in the following area(s):
- Responsible for planning and budgeting all department activities. Is responsible for interviewing, selecting, orientation and education of department staff, providing role clarification and completing performance evaluations when due.
- Maintains a fair, sensitive, and impartial approach to dealing with employees.
- Assists in the development and administration of Environmental Policies and Procedures.
- Is responsible for completing the Statement of Conditions as required by the DNV Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Develops and administers programs to maintain buildings, grounds and equipment in accordance with state
regulations and administrative guidelines.
- Consults with Administration regarding proposed additions and changes in the physical plant structure and/or
electrical, heating, oxygen and/or refrigeration systems.
- Administers effectively a preventative maintenance program to facilitate uninterrupted service to patients and to
assure safe conditions of employment for employees.
- Serves as a liaison between the Medical Center, Administration and contractors, engineers and equipment
- Assists in directing safety, fire control, security and civil defense programs, as assigned.
- Oversees the maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment, including functions of carpentry, painting,
plumbing, electrical work, air conditioning, gardening, furniture repair, welding and other responsibilities,
- Actively participates in the Medical Center Safety Program as Safety Officer.
- Monitors the use of safety devices by staff members to maintain safe working conditions; ensures that staff members are trained in the proper use of safety equipment. Directs personnel in providing protective services for hospital staff, patients, visitors and property.
- Develops record keeping systems, repair and maintenance schedules, charge schedules and other forms used by
- Ensures that the Department's staff members know how to respond to hospital codes. Responds to and provides
help with hospital emergent situations as appropriate.
- Has good organizational skills; consistently completes all assignments in a timely manner, thorough and
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments. Communicates
with other department managers for informed decision making.
- Assures confidentiality of all hospital records.
- Actively participates in the hospital and department's Performance Improvement Activities.
- Respects diversity of everyone (patients, visitors, vendors, co-workers).
- Can identify and apply principles of the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Can identify the hospital core measures.
- Consistently strives to promote customer service in all aspects of job
- Performs leadership rounding at least three “3” times per week
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or five years equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of building construction, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, and building and fire safety codes, preferred.
- 3 - 5 years recent experience as manager of plant operations in an acute hospital setting, including experience in disaster planning and fire regulations.
- Membership in the American Society of Hospital Engineers and/or National Fire Prevention Association preferred.
- For additional required certifications; See Verification of Licenses and Certifications-Addendum 1- Certification Grid.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional languages preferred
- Good computer skills with various software applications, preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, preferred
Position is classified as OSHA Category II, where some job duties could potentially lead to exposure to bloodborne pathogens. For physical demands of position including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
""Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.""
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.