Location: Palmetto General Hospital
Posted Date: 11/17/2021
The Policy Coordinator is responsible for developing, planning, organizing, implementing, and coordinating a variety of activities relating to the policy standardization initiative and policy infrastructure transition across all hospitals.
- Works with Chief Quality Officer to develop comprehensive workflow process and timelines;
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with Director-level staff and higher at corporate and hospital levels;
- Works closely with Steward Information Services and MCN Healthcare to build infrastructure and address IT concerns and constraints;
- Works closely with Steward Education Collaborative to create, refine, and roll out education materials related to new policy infrastructure;
- Coordinates multiple meetings, creates agendas, and distributes meeting materials to participants. Records and distributes meeting minutes and action items. Follows up on action items. Acts as meeting leader when necessary;
- Assists physicians and directors in the development of system policies by researching and analyzing laws and regulatory standards and cross-referencing with existing hospital policies and procedures;
- Proofreads policies to ensure alignment with regulations as well as with formatting and grammar standards. Edits as necessary. Distributes finalized policies via standard process;
- Creates and manages multiple databases and tracking grids. Maintains document control;
- Collects, analyzes, and prepares data for reports and presentations;
- Works with legal department and union representatives to ensure policies align with their missions;
- Travels to hospitals to assist with policy adoption process including attending committee meetings, policy inventory, clean-up, tracking and uploading, education, and troubleshooting;
- Acts as a liaison between Clinical Excellence Committee and local Policy Committees. Oversees Policy Coordinator activities and monitors hospital policy adoption and policy infrastructure transition progress; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing;
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with absolute discretion;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, take initiative, anticipate needs, and respond appropriately;
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, work independently, and assume responsibility without direct supervision;
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues; and
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: At least 2 years of related work experience.
- Software/Hardware: Strong knowledge of computer software, including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Windows; Visio; Project Manager, and SharePoint.
- Other: Some travel required.