Polysomnographer - PRN - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Performs sleep disorders testing on all ages of patients. Performs technical analysis of sleep disorders tests and produces high quality polysomnography records. Compiles technical and patient information, interviews and instructs patients and their families. Responsible for nighttime, technical operation of the Sleep Lab. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
The individual must demonstrate the knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his/her specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the units policies and procedures and skills check lists. Must respect diversity of each individual's values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, families, and health team members while maintaining standards of professional care. Ages of population served: Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric
- Must be trained in polysomnography and must have a basic understanding of electronics as related to polysomnography equipment.
- Registered Polysomnography Technologist preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Experience with scoring helpful.
- Must have sleep study experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbal and written.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.