Pool House Supervisor (7a-7p- day shift)
House Supervisor (PRN) -Nursing Administration
We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits to address your unique needs.
Retirement & Savings
- Low Cost parking
- Up to 20% employee discount-Gift shop, onsite Café and Cafeteria
St. Joseph Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
In collaboration with Nursing Leadership, the Shift Supervisor oversees the operations of Patient Care Services evenings, nights, and weekends. Visits all the patient care units daily to evaluate patient care issues and assists Resource Nurse/Clinical Nurse with patient care and managerial issues. Facilitates the resolution of customer service issues and inter and intra-departmental problems concerning utilization of supplies and equipment. Authorized to act in the absence of the Chief Nursing Officer, during duty hours (evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays). The House Supervisor on duty administers the disaster plan until relieved by the Administrator on Call or designated member of the Hospital Administration. Participates in Performance Improvement teams, projects or committees as directed. Manages bed placement.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Two or more years of clinical nursing experience in an acute care facility during which managerial and teaching abilities have been demonstrated.
- Current RN licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas.
- Current BCLS-HCP certification.
Education & Training:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Management courses are preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Computer skills - word processing - electronic mail
- Able to communicate effectively in writing.
Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments.
Enhances the patient experience by fostering a positive relationship with customers. Contributes to improving HCAHPS results.
Promotes stewardship of hospital resources while ensuring quality patient care.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to engage in professional nursing.
Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Baccalaureate degree or progression to this degree.
National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.