Pool Lab Assistant
Prepares skin site and performs venipuncture and skin punctures according to established aseptic techniques to obtain blood specimens in accordance with physician orders. Instructs patients in specimen collection methods and procedures in an age appropriate manner (ie: urinalysis and bacteriology), and obtains specimens for culture and analysis. Treats patients and families with dignity and respect. Labels and records specimens obtained, transports them to the laboratory and distributes to appropriate laboratory area for analysis. Prepares blood for testing.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required.
- Previous phlebotomy experience or schooling and knowledge of aseptic methods and basic medical terminology required,
or the ability to learn and demonstrate competency after successful completion of an on the job training period.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages helpful.
- Must be familiar with various computer software applications or LIS and type a minimum of 40 WPM.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled