Pool Medical Tech Days
Location: Florence Hospital
Posted Date: 2/5/2021
Florence Hospital. Newly opened in July 2019, Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience to residents of Pinal County.
Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory Director, the responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance. Accurately and promptly performs a variety of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- AAS degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Certified medical technologist (ASCP, AMT,NCA,HEW, ACLS new grads or certification eligible individuals may be considered,but must obtain certification within 8 months of hire) that is able to work in all areas of the laboratory (including limited microbiology) at a proficient level.
- Able to operate all appropriate clinical equipment and perform manual testing in a safe and appropriate manner
- Able to perform the necessary functions on the facilitys computer system and other computer programs as necessary
- Able to work a flexible schedule to cover all shifts and weekends, as hospital needs demand
- 1 - 3 years experience preferred- Adaptability to change, organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment in the completion of assignments and duties
- Basic to advanced computer skills required
- Ability to speak/write English language fluently
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled