Continuously monitors and supervises the Intake process for patients. Implements policies and procedures while coordinating all services provided by the Intake Department. Supervises staff daily and takes on additional responsibilities as needed. Maintains quality of care. Collects data for monthly Performance Improvement. When necessary, functions in the role of Intake Assessor working with patients. Additional functions applicable when acting as Charge Nurse: To make patient care assignments based on the skill, experience, and temperament of other nursing personnel and on the acuity of the patients, ensuring patient, staff safety, assist in the evaluation of performance and skills of Agency/Temporary staff as well as permanent critical care staff. To responsibly direct and precept these staff members as needed/assigned in all aspects of critical care management. To participate in quality and process improvement in the department during all phases from planning to implementing, and sustaining efforts, including taking corrective action if other employees fail to carry out delegated duties.
- As required by the AZ Board of Nurses; Psychiatric and mental health nurse practitioner experience preferred, pediatric nurse practitioner required.
- One year behavioral health experience and/or equivalent certification, Advanced Nursing Practice. Compliance with all AZ Board of Nursing requirements.
- Required Certification/Registration
- Annual COAP
- Bi Annual BLS
- Annual health screening
- I Heal assignments
- Current fingerprint card
- Annual blood glucose monitoring competency
- Clinical supervision, if required
Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled