Pool Registered Nurse (PRN) Medical Surgical
Department: Medical Surgical (Med Surg)
Shift: Nights, 3rd Shift, 7p-7a
Accountable for the observation, assessment, intervention, evaluation, rehabilitation, or health teachings of a person who is ill, injured, infirm, or experiencing a change in normal health processes; the maintenance of health or prevention of illness; the administration of a medication or treatment as ordered by a physician, the supervision or teaching of nursing; the administration, supervision, and evaluation of nursing practices, policies, and procedures; the performance of an act delegated by a physician and the development of the nursing care plan.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to engage in professional nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Baccalaureate degree or progression to this degree.
- National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Bi or Multilingual.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED