Practical X-Ray Tech (Ortho)
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision, and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Upholds the Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
- Prepares patient for procedure by noting appropriate medical history, carefully screening patients for contrast reactions, noting the correct physician orders and maintaining rigid adherence to department safety standards. Correctly labels images with permanent radiographic orientation.
- Able to assist radiologist during complex or invasive procedures, including room and supply preparation.
- Able to adjust to high volume situations and critical needs without sacrificing accuracy/quality.
- Follows policy, procedures, and exam protocols when preforming imaging exams.
- Completes order entry and exam data entry in a timely manner that allows for images to be viewed and reported on by radiologist.
- Consistently follows patient care, and facility guidelines and procedures in performance.
- Collaborates with inter and intraprofessional colleagues to ensure quality outcomes.
- Education: Graduate from an approved/accredited School of Radiologic Technology required.
- Certification : ARRT ( R)
- Licensed: Texas MRT
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification required.
- Bilingual or Multilingual
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled