Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 34 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,600 employees including over 1,500 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 400 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Practice Administrator is responsible for overall operational, financial, quality and service performance in the Beaumont/Port Arthur market. In addition, the Practice Administrator will play a leadership role in creating and executing a strategic plan and identifying and implementing business development strategies to promote growth, improve quality and system performance. Reporting directly to the Director of Practice Operations, the incumbent will have support and autonomy to handle current challenges, and to help recruit and grow the practices.
- Direct all functions of physician practice operations for the multiple physician practices in the Beaumont/Port Arthur area.
- Partial P&L responsibility to include completing the annual operating and capital budgets with the Director of Practice Operations.
- Formulate long-term strategic plans and business development programs for operational needs.
- Evaluate practice efficiency including all personnel (physicians, clinical and administrative support staff) utilizing accepted quality measures, productivity standards, skill mix comparisons, and patient satisfaction survey data.
- Participate in physician recruitment activities, and contract negotiations, as needed.
- Collaborate with Physicians and clinical staff, to address and respond to patient care needs and issues.
Implement new operational models and structures to reduce costs, improve quality and enhance service to patients.
- Collaborate with Physicians and clinical staff, to address and respond to patient care needs and issues. Implement new operational models and structures to reduce costs, improve quality and enhance service to patients.
- Participate on committees assigned by Senior Leadership team members.
- Provide leadership to the Operations Team, and perform other duties as required by the position.
- Works collaboratively with the local hospital leadership team on strategic initiatives.
- Partners with finance to develop business plans for new providers.
- On-boards new physicians and advanced practitioners consistent with the medical group’s policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with the Director of Practice Operations, develops budgets and reviews monthly financial activity and reporting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated team building skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with a wide range of constituents.
- Demonstrate skills in business analysis and/or financial management.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Good technical/computer skills and organizational skills.
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information to small and, at times, large audiences.
- Ability to function effectively within an ever-changing environment and to meet deadlines and reprioritize as necessary.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and a multi-dimensional environment.
- Creative, flexible, self-motivated, professional must possess sound judgment ability to plan and initiate new activities consistent with achieving service excellence.
I. Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of education and experience, Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field preferred.
II. Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of leadership experience in healthcare, including prior experience in Physician Practice Management.
III. Certification/Licensure: N/A.