About Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Operations Director will oversee all Radiology departments in the Massachusetts region working in close collaboration with Radiology senior leadership.
• Responsible for all division revenues, exceeding $28 Million annually
• Manage all division expenses, over $30 Million annually
• Accountability for more than 60 Radiologists.
• Directly support the Vice President of Radiology as well as the individual department Chairs on business and administrative matters
• Oversee provider recruiting, contracting, and onboarding
• Lead annual budget development and submission
• Responsible for successful completion of Projects and New Initiatives
• Provide expert analysis that will inform sound business decisions
• Primary liaison to SMG Human Resources, responsible for managing personnel issues of clinical and non-clinical staff
• Partner with Senior Leaders, to develop and execute strategic plans
• Manage key vendor relationships and ensure vendor performance, specifically outside billing vendors
• Develop and maintain an infrastructure and culture that promotes physician relations and physician retention
• Establish standards and best practices within specialties across markets
• Provide expert advice and counsel to VP’s, Division Chairs, and Senior Leadership
• Provide leadership and team building of non-clinical division staff, responsible for creating a positive and productive work environment
• Direct and indirect supervision of staff
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to analyze operational issues and solve them creatively
• Ability to work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead change and work collaboratively with others at all levels of the organization
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required, master’s degree preferred
• 5+ years of experience in health care, and/or Physician Practice experience preferred
• Radiology experience not required
• 2+ years of management experience