Practice Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management of operations at clinic sites. Supervises and/or coordinates the functions related to an excellent patient experience through the following; front desk staffing and training, business transactions, medical records management, clinical support services, compliance and safety. Works collaboratively with clinic medical staff and with system-wide administrative functions as needed. The Practice Manager is committed to creating a culture of compassion, integrity, innovative thinking and leadership excellence.
- Provides leadership, direction, and coordination for general clinic operations
- Manages internal and outreach services of the clinic
- Develops and maintains clinic budget
- Responsible for plan and execution of clinic financial goals to maintain performance metrics
- Organizes the work processes and work units to promote efficient flow
- Monitors workload and systems, coordinating resources to optimize operational efficiencies and patient satisfaction
- Collaborates with Director and professional staff to develop operating expense, FTE, and capital budgets
- Coordinate purchases of office, medical-surgical, pharmaceutical, laboratory, and x-ray supplies, manages inventories for each, and approves invoices for payments
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of regulations and standards specific to the clinic(s), including Medicare service and billing regulations
- Coordinates the development of physician and midlevel clinic schedules and coordinates and communicates initial and revised schedules as appropriate
- Monitors flexible benefits expenditures to stay within contract allowances
- Assures that initial and subsequent physician/midlevel third party payer Credentialing is completed within required time frames
- Works collaboratively with clinic division coding and billing specialists and central business office to assure timely and accurate capture of charges for services provided, prompt response to claim rejections, and compliance with all reimbursement procedures
- Communicates and supports policies and procedures appropriate for clinic
- Conducts applicant interviews and effectively recommends appropriate personnel for clinic positions
- Provides for initial orientation and ongoing training of personnel in proper work performance
- Plans, schedules, and assigns work in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Achieves and maintains targeted staffing, quality and service standards
- Regularly evaluates employee performance according to policy, and provides direction for growth and motivation in the time period required
- Conducts or recommends progressive discipline and discharge proceedings when necessary
- Partners with Human Resources Representative on performance and employee relations issues
- Counsel's employees in resolving performance related problems
- Functions as a resource, teaching and collaborating with staff on a continuous basis
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business, management, or related field
- One or more years’ experience using electronic medical records (EMR)
- Five years or more management experience, preferably in healthcare, or equivalent education and experience
- COVID-19 vaccination or qualified exemption
- Health insurance with option for $0 copay and $0 deductible
- Dental, Vision, Flex
- 401K with company match program
- Life insurance and Disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, and no weekends
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
ABOUT STEWARD HEALTH CARE SYSTEM:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 128058