About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Serves as the Clinical Practice Manager for services at the practice working closely with the medical and nursing staffs. This position manages all operational aspects of providers. Acts as an information resource for administrative questions in close cooperation with the Sr. Director, Practice Management. Acts as the liaison between physicians, staff and Steward Medical Group Administrations. Maintains effective communication with staff at all levels in a timely and effective manner.
- Directly supervises all non-physician staff within the Practice. Works in concert with Steward Medical Group Human Resources staff to perform the following functions:
1. Interviewing and hiring
2. Staff training
3. Performance evaluations and
4. Corrective actions and performance improvement plans.
- Manages the re-employment of staff to provide coverage and/or arranges for emergency float coverage of office management, medical assistants, RN’s and secretaries as required. Covers nonclinical positions if coverage cannot be arranged.
- Assists in preparing and managing the operating budget for the practice. Investigates discrepancies and significant changes in monthly income and expenses. Reports discrepancies to the Practice Administrator/Director Physician Practice Management and Medical Director as required. Ensures cost containment guidelines are met for the individual practice.
- Provides information and assistance to patients to ensure effective patient relations. Investigates and proactively resolves patient complaints and concerns. Facilitates staff training in new customer service techniques and/or processes.
- Liaisons with the Central Billing office to maximize revenue associated with the patient billing process for the Practice and ensure accurate data collections. Researches specific ICD-9 and CPT codes applicable to the Practice and in conjunction with Steward Clinic.
- Responsible for training physicians and staff in Athena Billing and Steward Medical Group policies and procedures to capture accurate billable information in a timely fashion. Manages staff regarding the utilization of the Athena system to ensure efficient and accurate billing of encounters.
- Manages the day-to-day facilities management for the Practice including any repairs or remodeling, service contracts for equipment and the inventory of all capital equipment. Makes recommendations to the Practice Administrator and the Medical Director regarding office restructuring and expansion. Assists with processing the necessary documentation and managerial support.
- Authorizes the procurement of special order medical/surgical supplies and capital equipment. Assess needs in collaboration with the clinical staff for the annual capital and expense report, coordinates trials, evaluates and negotiates with vendors in conjunction with the Purchasing Department to procure capital equipment, processes purchase orders, coordinates installation and in-servicing.
- Ensures proper invoicing and tracking of receivables and payments to vendors.
- Management of the process and office workflow using the electronic health record.
- Trains staff, (physicians, nurses, administrative and support staff), on existing programs as well as any new programs or upgrades in a timely fashion. Presents information at monthly Networking Meetings as required and disseminates information from these meetings to physicians and staff.
- Maintains an optimal physical environment for the office and reports any unsafe conditions, inoperative equipment or other adverse conditions to the Practice Administrator and the appropriate department.
- Ensures compliance with all Steward Medical Group policies and procedures. Participates in development and evaluation of departmental policies and procedures. Prepares staff to respond effectively to both internal and external disasters and comply with all departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends seminars and training sessions specific to the Athena system, CPT coding, capitation, managed care, and physician practice management.
- Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality. Conforms to the confidentiality policy of Steward Medical Group.
- Graduate of accredited nursing program
- Bachelor’s degree of equivalent, preferred
- Two to five years of practice management experience in a private physician’s office required
- Must possess current Florida nursing license
- Cardiology experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience, billing and financial management experience required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, IDX and Athena Health. SMS experience preferred.
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend the English language fluently required
- Strong interpersonal communication, managerial and organizational skills required.
- In-depth knowledge of private practice systems, including medical practice operations and supervision.
- Experience with an electronic health record within the medical office preferred.
- Patient relations, staffing, billing systems, budget and financial reporting and patient flow and scheduling required.
- Knowledge of insurance coverage systems, including but not limited to co-payments, referrals, HMO, PPO and capitated products required.
- Ability to analyze and solve operational issues independently and creatively required.
- Strong orientation to patient care in accordance with the values of the Steward Health System
- Must have the ability to analyze, think creatively and to weigh alternatives. Good perception of people and excellent conflict resolution skill required.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 128347