Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 10/11/2021
Steward Health Care System is seeking a Predictive Analytics Analyst to serve as a key member of the Mission Control analytics team, to assess and analyze Length of Stay (LOS) metrics, and to support high-level volume and staffing analysis. The Predictive Analytics Analyst will provide daily analysis of enterprise in-house and projected LOS as well as volume and staffing data in coordination with the hospital business unit and corporate staff organizations; produce monthly/quarterly reports, and perform data analysis to evaluate operating performance and support decision making.
- Tracking and analyzing key length of stay and labor metrics that impact operations and financial performance
- Define, create, implement and standardize “single source of truth” reports and dashboards for LOS metrics
- Collaborate with business partners in hospitals, IT,and Finance to identify opportunities that will increase productivity and support the organization's sustainable growth strategy
- Ad hoc analysis in support of corporate initiatives
- This role will be expected to understand, communicate and explain length of stay variances and trends
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Economics or Finance with strong academic record and 3+ years of relevant work experience; Master’s degree in a quantitative field a plus
- Proven experience and ability to develop SQL queries and reports; Python and Business Intelligence tool experience (QlikView, Tableau, etc.). Experience building predictive models (ex- Regression, Classification, etc.) is a plus.
- Extensive experience with financial ERP systems, Microsoft Excel (including VBA Macros) and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities at any given time; Detail-oriented and ability to work collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment
- Structured problem-solving skills and experience: uses a systematic, disciplined and fact-based process that gets to root causes to solve business challenges
- Top notch written and verbal communication skills
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Economics or Finance with strong academic record and 3+ years of relevant work experience; Master’s degree in a quantitative field a plus
- Experience (Type & Length): Prior experience with data management, ETL, and predictive analytics. Experience within a healthcare consulting firm or large company preferred. 3+ years of analytical experience; healthcare industry experience preferred but not required. Knowledge of DRG tables, LOS/GMLOS, outliers.