Prior Authorization Tech
Steward Health Choice Utah is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
Steward Health Choice Utah believes in a personal approach to health care right in your community. We built our health care plan around you. Our goal is to give you quality health care, programs, and services to support you on your path to wellness.
Steward Health Choice Utah provides exceptional customer service and culturally competent care through:
- Compassionate and responsive member services team
- Collaboration with community physicians to help members get the health care they need.
- Providing culturally competent health care, including extensive translation and interpretation services
- Health programs to help members and their families stay healthy
Position Purpose: This position provides support to the Clinical Services Department, under the direction of their specific department supervisor, manager or Director of Health Services. This position performs activities/tasks which are based on need and timeframes determined by supervisory personnel within their department. This position interacts with all personnel company wide. Duties may include:
- Catalog prior authorization requests with assign them to correct folder
- Review requests for completeness and accuracy
- Verify eligibility and network status
- Contact providers to redirect, seek clarification, or request additional information
- Build authorization shells
- Contact Medicare members with authorization determination outcome
- Support the clinical staff with day-to-day activities across the Clinical Services Department
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- CNA, MA, or Hospital Unit Coordinator preferred
Years of Experience:
- One or more years of experience working in a healthcare environment preferred
- Past clerical support experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Knowledge of managed care, Medicare and Medicaid preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.