PRN Phlebotomist - 7p - 7a
Scenic Mountain Medical Center is a community health care provider serving patients in Howard County. An acute care hospital with 146 licensed beds, Scenic Mountain is Joint Commission accredited. Our specialized services include cardiology, orthopedics, maternity, diagnostic imaging, emergency care with a 24/7 level IV Trauma Center, wound care, and women's health and breast care services.
7p - 7a Per Diem Phelbotomist
About the Position:
Performs venipunctures and skin punctures competently and expediently. Has thorough knowledge of test requirements. Responsibilities include collecting patient samples. Under direct Lab Technician supervision, performs specified lab tests in Microbiology, Hematology and Urinalysis. Participates in Peformance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from infant to geriatric. Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivilant
- Eighty hours of training in the proper procedure to be employed in the performance of venipuncture and skin punctures under the supervision of the Chief Medical Technologist..
- Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy certification preferred.
- Completed all CLA training checklist under the supervision of that department’s supervisor.
- Certifications as indicated by the Steward Certification document.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled